If you are worried about your risk for dementia, or specifically Alzheimer’s disease, then this is the perfect resource for you.
We’ll be going over five of the biggest benefits of using exercise to improve brain health, cognitive function and overall well-being.
The worst part of exercise
We all want to feel better, look better and perform better but life does this annoying thing where it expects you to work for it.
And that is often how some of us see exercise: as work.
But what if we could get all the benefits where rather than working, we were doing something we loved? There’s no need to force yourself to join a gym, CrossFit box, or even an F45 exercise class if you don’t want to.
Research has found that you can get a large amount of brain-boosting benefits from something as simple as walking a few times a week!
Evidence-based benefits of getting your body in shape
Scientific research has discovered a treasure trove of brain-boosting benefits that come from even just a little bit of physical activity.
- People who exercise at least twice a week in midlife have half the risk of dementia of those who don’t.
- Regular physical activity has been shown to make areas in the brain that are related to learning and memory bigger and stronger, making it take longer for normal ageing processes and diseases like Alzheimer’s to take effect.
- Exercise allows you to upgrade your brain by training it to use oxygen more efficiently.
- Increasing your physical activity levels also takes care of a host of other risk factors such as high blood pressure, obesity and cardiovascular disease.
- It even helps you to reduce stress and improve your mood with greater releases of serotonin.
Who doesn’t want less stress?
Exercise is more than just a tool for better health,
it is a tactic for a better you
The mental and physical effects of exercise can start popping up after as little as a few weeks.
One morning you’ll wake up and find that you’re feeling more:
Make boosting your brain a priority
While exercise might not necessarily be top of your list when you think of brain health, it remains one of the most powerful tools in your arsenal to rapidly improve your quality of life and overall health (which does in fact, include your brain).
And just the fact that you’re reading this right now tells us that you’re the kind of person who is open to healthier habits and lifestyles.
If you’re ready to take the next step towards improving your cognitive function and performance, Five Lives is here to give you science-backed techniques, interventions and guidelines.
Uncover A New You And Download Our App Today!
Our app is designed to help you check your brain health and improve vital lifestyle factors such as your physical activity level. You can identify patterns affecting your brain health by monitoring your daily activities and by taking advantage of our digital health coaching program.